Urban Music-Driven Drama Starring Michelle Renaud Leads Univision to Double-Digit Win over Telemundo in 8 p.m. Hour Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34; Univision Delivers more Adults 18-34 than CBS, The CW and Telemundo during Premiere
Univision Out-delivers CBS, NBC and FOX Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in New York and Los Angeles During Premiere
MIAMI – MAY 15, 2019 – Univision Communications Inc., the leading Hispanic media company in the U.S., debuted its newest high-impact drama series on Monday night, reaching 3.8 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the two-hour premiere of “La Reina Soy Yo” from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The premiere of “La Reina Soy Yo” averaged 1.4 million Total Viewers 2+, 633,000 Adults 18-49 and 239,000 Adults 18-34. The drama series drove Univision to the No. 1 Spanish-language network ranking, out-performing Telemundo’s 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. line-up consisting of “Un Poquito Tuyo” (premiere) and “Betty En NY” among Total Viewers 2+ (+6% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+14% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+9% advantage). Univision also outperformed CBS and The CW among Adults 18-34 and finished among the top five broadcast networks with Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
Head-to-head with Telemundo’s premiere of “Un Poquito Tuyo” in the 8:00 p.m. hour, “La Reina Soy Yo” averaged significantly more Total Viewers 2+ (+14% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+28% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+30% advantage). The premiere also delivered audience growth to Univision’s 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. time period compared to the prior Monday among Adults 18-49 (+11%) and Adults 18-34 (+5%).
A drama immersed in the world of reggaeton, “La Reina Soy Yo” stars Michelle Renaud as Yamelí, a woman with great talent for musical composition, who after being betrayed by the man she loves, is unjustly condemned. In prison she is also the victim of an attack and presumed dead, a situation that the DEA takes advantage of to give her a new identity and place her into a criminal organization.
The May 13th premiere of “La Reina Soy Yo” on Univision also:
- Averaged more Adult 18-34 viewers than first-run episodes of ABC’s “The Fix,” CBS’ “Bull” and “The Code,” NBC’s “The Enemy Within,” FOX’s “Paradise Hotel” and The CW’s entire original line-up (“Arrow” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”).
- Out-delivered the entire original line-up on The CW (“Arrow” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”) and first-run episodes of ABC’s “The Fix” and FOX’s “Paradise Hotel” among both Adults 18-49 and Adult 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM Monday (05/13/2019) 8:00pm-11:00pm. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long-term visitors included). Live+SD.
The debut of La Reina Soy Yo made Univision No. 1 in the time period (8:00p-10:00p ET/PT), outperforming ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and TEL, among:
- Adults 18-34 in Houston
- Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles
The debut of La Reina Soy Yo made Univision No. 2 in the time period (8:00p-10:00p ET/PT), outperforming 3 of Big 4 broadcast stations, among:
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles and New York
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston and Chicago
The first hour of the La Reina Soy Yo debut outperformed Telemundo’s premiere of Un Poquito Tuyo (8:00p-9:00p) last night among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
Nielsen, NSI, La Reina Soy Yo debut on Univision (5/13/19), 8:00 pm- 10:00 pm ET/PT; 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm CT/MT. Rankings and growth based on DMA impressions, rounded to the thousand. Telemundo’s premiere of Un Poquito Tuyo aired 5/13/19, 8:00pm- 9:00 pm ET/PT, 7:00pm- 8:00 pm CT/MT. Live+SD.