Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” Season 11 Finale Reaches Nearly 5 Million Total Viewers 2+, Outperforms ABC and The CW With Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
“Nuestra Belleza Latina” Ranks as Highest-Rated Reality Series in Primetime Among Hispanics in Current 2018/2019 Season, Out-Delivers Telemundo’s “Exatlón Estados Unidos” During Full Season Run
Univision Defeats ABC and CBS Combined in Time Period in Miami Market With Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
MIAMI – DECEMBER 3, 2018 – Last night’s star-studded finale of Univision’s widely popular reality show “Nuestra Belleza Latina” reached 5 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the finale. The two-hour telecast (8:00 – 10:00 p.m.), which crowned Venezuelan Actress and TV Host Migbelis Castellanos as season 11 winner, averaged its highest audience levels of the season with 2.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 900,000 Adults 18-49 and 389,000 Adults 18-34. “Nuestra Belleza Latina” positioned Univision among the top 4 broadcast networks in the time period, outperforming ABC and The CW among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. The finale also made Univision the No. 1 Spanish-language network from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. with double to triple-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+131% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+70% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+75% advantage).
Featuring performances by Pitbull, Bad Bunny, Cristian Castro, Christian Nodal and Beau “Casper” Smart, the season 11 finale increased its audience by double-digit margins in the second hour compared to the first hour among Total Viewers 2+ (+20%), Adults 18-49 (+24%) and Adults 18-34 (+15%). Additionally, “Nuestra Belleza Latina” delivered more Adult 18-49 and Adult 18-34 viewers than the entire original line-up on The CW (“Supergirl” and “Charmed”) and first-run episodes of ABC’s “Dancing With The Stars: Juniors” and “Shark Tank” as well as FOX’s “Rel.”
The revamped season, behind tagline “Without sizes, without limits, and with no excuses,” delivered 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 639,000 Adults 18-49 and 266,000 Adults 18-34 over the course of its 11- episode run. Hosted by NBL veteran Alejandra Espinoza and judged by Univision star and former NBL host Giselle Blondet, along with model Denise Bidot, Mexican regional singer El Dasa and Univision personality Jomari Goyso, season 11 of “Nuestra Belleza Latina” ranks as the highest-rated reality series during primetime in the current 2018/2019 season among Hispanic Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49. In fact, season 11 averaged more Total Viewers 2+ (+38% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+20% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+16% advantage) than “Exatlón Estados Unidos” on Telemundo.
Univision Network – Additional Highlights:
- Made Univision the No. 5 Broadcast Network, ahead of The CW and Telemundo during the two-hour finale with Total Viewers 2+.
- Delivered double-digit audience growth over its prior Sunday semi-finale airing among Total Viewers 2+ (+14%), Adults 18-49 (+15%) and Adults 18-34 (+17%).
- Outperformed The CW by significant margins among Total Viewers 2+ (+75% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+81% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+104% advantage), making Univision the fifth largest broadcast network for the entire night.
- Positioned Univision as the No. 1 Spanish-language network for the entire night with double to triple-digit audience advantages over Telemundo among Total Viewers 2+ (+103% advantage), Adults 18-49 (+54% advantage) and Adults 18-34 (+47% advantage).
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Sunday (12/02/2018) 7:00pm-11:00pm. Univision’s primetime line-up consisting of “Aqui y Ahora,” “Nuestra Belleza Latina” and “Cronicas” based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks and Telemundo based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 1+ minute qualified audience (short term and long term visitors included). Live+SD. Reality Series program ranker based on NPM-H (09/23/2018-11/29/2018), Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, excludes repeats, Live+SD.
Univision Network – Local Market Highlights:
- The NBL Finale made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period among Adults 18-34 in Miami.
- Univision was the No. 2 broadcast station, only behind NFL Sunday Night Football on NBC, among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles and Miami
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
- Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Coverage of the NBL Finale outperformed ABC and CBS station combined in the time period, among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Miami
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston
- Adults 25-54 in Los Angeles and Miami
Nielsen, NSI, NBL Finale on Univision (12/02/18), 8:00 pm- 10:00 pm ET/PT; 7:00 pm- 9:00 pm CT/MT. Rankings based on DMA impressions, rounded to the thousand. Live+SD. Total Viewer 2+, Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 (Hispanic and Total DMA). NBL ran from 9/23/18-12/2/18. Reality Shows ranked against all ELTV reality shows during Fall 2018: Dancing with the Stars: Juniors (ABC), Dancing with the Stars (ABC), Survivor (CBS), Big Brother (CBS), and The Voice (NBC).