Maluma, This Year’s Most Nominated Artist, Will Receive the First-Ever “Agentes De Cambio” Artist Award
Pitbull, Daddy Yankee and Natti Natasha with the Worldwide Premiere Performance of Their Hit Song, “No Lo Trates”
King of Bachata, Romeo Santos, along with surprise guest, will debut a song from his newest album, “Utopia,” for the first time on TV
Additional performances by streaming chart toppers Pedro Capó, Christian Nodal, and artists on the rise Amenazzy, Cazzu, Dalex, and Sech
MIAMI – JUNE 12, 2019 – Univision’s “Premios Juventud” (Youth Awards) announces the first “Agentes de Cambio” (Agents of Change) to be recognized, plus the first performers who will be part of the most anticipated summer celebration taking place on Thursday, July 18, 2019, live from Watsco Center in Miami starting, with the “PJ Takeover” at 7 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. CT).
Set to inspire, motivate and empower young Latinos to become leaders for change, “Premios Juventud” will, for the first-time, recognize musical artists involved in the community and who support organizations that bring hope, and provide better opportunities for future generations.
- Maluma, this year’s most nominated artist (eight categories), will receive the first-ever “Agentes de Cambio” award given to an artist in recognition for inspiring youth to achieve their dreams through his foundation “El Arte de los Sueños” (The Art of Dreams). In addition, he will also delight audiences with a special tribute performance on the “Premios Juventud” stage.
Additional superstar performers confirmed to join this year’s celebration of current trends in Pop-culture, music, digital, fashion, television and social media include:
- Pitbull, Daddy Yankee and Natti Natasha in an exclusive worldwide premiere performance of their newest collaboration “No Lo Trates.” Legendary urban music artist Daddy Yankee has seven nominations, and Natti Natasha, a trailblazer for women in reggaeton, has three nominations.
- The King of Bachata, Romeo Santos, who has two nominations, will perform a song from his latest album, “Utopia,” for the first time on TV, and will feature a surprise special guest.
- Pedro Capó, first-time nominee with three nods, will sing an exclusive version of his summer hit, “Calma,” created especially for “Premios Juventud.”
- Christian Nodal, with three nominations, will represent Regional Mexican music by performing a song from his new album, “Ahora.”
“La Nueva Generación Urbana” (The New Urban Generation) and “Nuevo en U.S.A., Pero Conocido en Casa” (New to the U.S.A., but Big at Home) are among the new categories honoring the up-and-coming talent in Latin music. The emerging artists nominated in these categories and performing for the first time include:
- Amenazzy, a Dominican singer whose new hit “Baby” is an instant R&B-Reggaeton classic.
- Cazzu, a female Latin trap artist who is outgrowing her native Argentina with her latest music including her single “00:00”
- Dalex, a Puerto Rican-raised musician best known for his latest urban music single “Pa Mí.”
- Sech, a Panamanian singer who has introduced the world to new hits such as “Otro Trago” and “Qué Más Pues.”
As previously announced, the four-hour musical special will kick-off live with the “PJ Takeover,” at 7 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. CT) hosted by Borja Voces and Clarissa Molina, followed by “Premios Juventud Award Show” hosted by CNCO, Lali and Alejandra Espinoza.
Fans can join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #PremiosJuventud on Instagram (PremiosJuventud), Facebook (PremiosJuventud) and Twitter (PremiosJuventud). To get the latest news, updates and tickets to attend the event visit PremiosJuventud.com.
CONTACT: Jenisei Couso 305.471.1692 firstname.lastname@example.org