Consumer Electronics Fast Facts
- Hispanics are early adopters and influencers.
Hispanics agree “I am the first among my friends to acquire new electronic products” (index: 140) and “Friends often ask for my advice before buying electronic equipment” (index: 133).
Source: Simmons Spring 2011; Base A18+
- Hispanics are valuable electronics consumers who are more likely to buy premium electronics across categories.
Hispanics are more likely to have spent $300-$499 on their most recent cell phone purchase (index: 134), and as likely to have spent $2,000 or more on their most recent television purchase (index: 100).
Source: Simmons Spring 2011; Base A18+, Own a Cell/Wireless Phone; A18+, Own Any TV
- Hispanics are leading the charge with smartphone adoption.
45% of Hispanic cell phone owners have smartphones, vs. 31% of the total population.
Source: Nielsen Mobile Insights, Q4 2010
- Hispanics are adopting emerging technologies at a faster rate.
Hispanics are twice as likely as Non-Hispanic Whites to own tablets (15% vs. 7%).
Source: Pew Internet & American Life Project, ‘E-reader Ownership Doubles in Six Months,’ June 27, 2011
- Hispanics are connecting to the internet via multiple screens.
Online Hispanics are more likely to have Internet TV in their homes (index: 122).
Source: Simmons Spring 2011; Base A18+, Use Any Online/Internet Computer Service