Univision Communications Inc.’s (UCI) demonstrated commitment to serving our community reached new heights in 2013 with the launch of Univision Contigo, our empowerment platform that helps Hispanics achieve greater attainment in the areas of Education, Health, Prosperity, and Civic Participation.
Univision Contigo reflects UCI’s mission to inform, entertain and empower Hispanic America. Univision Contigo’s programs utilize UCI’s vast array of television, digital, radio, and mobile assets along with its local operations throughout the U.S. to serve its community.
Our work is based on one of the most unique and cherished relationships in corporate America – an unparalleled connection to the Hispanic community. This powerful bond is reflected in our brand equity, the highest ever recorded by Burke for a U.S. media company. In particular, we are proud to have earned an extremely high rating for “brand regard,” with our audiences overwhelmingly and consistently associating us with qualities such as trust, pride, value, loyalty, and responsibility. It is also demonstrated in the thousands of calls we get from our community every week and the more than two million attendees we had in 2014 to our community fairs.
Recently Univision Contigo’s programs and results have been widely recognized, mostly because of our community responsiveness and willingness to engage in order to get better every day.
In 2014/2015, Univision Contigo received numerous awards and recognitions for its community service efforts:
- Save the Children Foundation Special Recognition: Univision efforts regarding “Los Niños de la Frontera”
- Cynopsis Social Good Awards: Pequeños y Valiosos (Best Integrated Campaign)
- Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards: Univision Contigo’s Semana de la Salud 2014 (Golden Beacon & Best Community Relations Campaign)
- Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards: Pequeños y Valiosos (Best Education Campaign)
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) Champion Award: Randy Falco
- The Queens Courier Chain of Newspapers Latino Star Award – Special service to the New York community: Roberto Llamas
- ReadyNation (Council for a Strong America), Business Champion for Children Award: Univision
- United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI), Cesar E. Chavez Award: Ivelisse R. Estrada (Corporate/Community Leadership)
- Northern California NATAS’ EMMY Award for Pequeños y Valiosos, 15 Minutos Si Podemos segment
- Univision Arizona recognized for its Univision Contigo Education Campaign with NATAS Governor’s EMMY Award
- Univision is recognized with the NALEO’s 2015 President’s Award
- Univision is recognized with NALIP’s 2015 Media Advocacy Award
- Univision is recognized with LULAC’s 2015 Corporation of the Year Award