For Both the Week and Season-to-Date, Univision Continues to Rank as the No. 1 Spanish-Language Network in Primetime Among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights
Week of April 10, 2017 to April 16, 2017
Univision out-delivered one or more of the English-Language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on six out of seven nights among Adults 18-34.
- On Monday night, Univision was the No. 3 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34, ahead of CBS (+7%) and FOX (+27%). In fact, Univision has out-delivered FOX among Adults 18-34 for the past 8 consecutive Monday nights.
- On Tuesday Univision out-delivered CBS by double-digit margins (+11%), beating CBS for the second consecutive night this past week and ranking as the No. 4 Broadcast network among Adults 18-34.
- Univision maintained its No. 4 rank on Wednesday night, beating ABC (+24%) with Adults 18-34.
- On Friday night Univision beat FOX with both Adults 18-49 (+30%) and Adults 18-34 (+68%) to rank as the No. 4 Broadcast network.
- Univision beat FOX among Adults 18-49 for the ninth consecutive Friday night.
- Season to-date Univision out-ranks FOX on Friday nights, averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than FOX for the last 17 consecutive Friday nights.
- Univision held the No. 4 broadcast network rank among Adults 18-34 on Saturday night, attracting +82% more Adults 18-34 than CBS.
- On Sunday night Univision beat FOX with both Adults 18-49 (+4%) and Adults 18-34 (+2%), to rank as the No. 4 broadcast network for the night.
- Solidifying Univision’s position on Sunday night was the 35th Annual “Premios TV y Novelas” awards show. Highlighting the best of soap operas and TV shows, “Premios TV y Novelas” attracted 1.5 Million Total Viewers 2+, 695,000 Adults 18-49 and 243,000 Adults 18-34.
Univision’s “Vino El Amor” (Then Came Love) attracted 1.9 million Total Viewers 2+, 800,000 Adults 18-49 and 350,000 Adults 18-34. “Vino El Amor” made Univision the fifth most-watched broadcast network in the weeknight 9pm hour, out-delivering its closest Spanish-language network competitor by +5% among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
Univision captured the No. 2 broadcast network ranking, ahead of ABC (+10%) and NBC (+15%) during the weeknight 10pm to 11pm time slot among Adults 18-34 with “La Piloto” (The Pilot), which averaged 1.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 734,000 Adults 18-49 and 322,000 Adults 18-34.
In the current 2016/2017 season, Univision continues to be the No. 1 Spanish-language network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 as well as the fifth most-watched broadcast network during primetime with Adults 18-34.
Source: Nielsen, NPM (04/10/2017-04/16/2017) vs prior week (04/03/2017-04/09/2017). Mon-Sat 8pm-11pm/Sun 7pm-11pm, Live+SD. 2016/2017 Season based on most current data (09/19/2016-04/16/2017).