AT&T had been successfully reaching out to Hispanic consumers for many years, but was looking for ways to strengthen its bond with this group. The brand wanted to drive acquisition and revenue-per-user growth among Hispanics, and spotlight their phones and features.
AT&T recognized that to succeed with Hispanics it needed to use a variety of media platforms as this consumer is a heavy user of interactive technology. They chose to drive brand preference and enhance the viewing experience for fans of Univision’s hit reality series “Nuestra Belleza Latina” by creating and promoting interactive content that was available exclusively to AT&T customers.
Univision and AT&T created an integrated marketing program to actively engage “Nuestra Belleza Latina” viewers throughout its season. The campaign gave its fans the opportunity to become judges, providing them with a direct voice to vote for their favorite contestants via SMS text messaging.
The program also included:
- a branded challenge within one episode that showcased AT&T’s web and mobile features
- two groups of 6 finalists competing for $10,000 in cash from AT&T
- in-show integrations, tune-in vignettes and “push to vote” promotional units on other top-rated Univision shows including “Despierta America,” “El Gordo y La Flaca” and “Sal y Pimienta”
- co-branded promotional messages driving viewers to the show site (accessible via web and mobile)
- bonus content via mobile video: interviews, highlights, behind-the-scenes
- a sponsored sweepstakes
AT&T’s commitment to driving viewer engagement and participation across all platforms helped make this “Nuestra Belleza Latina’s” best season ever. The series’ ratings growth and digital performance highlight AT&T as a mobile broadband network truly connected to Hispanic consumers.
“Nuestra Belleza Latina” season-over-season results include a viewership increase of 20% in A18-49 and 19% for A 18-34. On the interactive platform, it generated 56 million total page views online and 18 million total mobile page views, which represents a 279% increase from last year’s page views.