Univision Networks’ Broadcast of Liga MX Season Attracts More Viewers than English Premier League Season on NBC Universal
NEW YORK – JANUARY 21, 2014 – Univision Communications Inc. (UCI), the leading media company serving Hispanic America, delivered unparalleled coverage of Liga MX 2013 Apertura season and outperformed NBC and NBC Sports Network’s (NBCSN) broadcast of the English Premier League (EPL) 2013-2014 season-to-date with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
“Liga MX is the most watched soccer league in the U.S. and our coverage is second to none,” said Juan Carlos Rodriguez, president of Univision Deportes. “Besting the English Premier League season ratings is a testament to our ability to deliver the quality content that resonates strongly with sports fans.”
Univision Network’s broadcast of Liga MX 2013 Apertura season outdelivered NBC’s broadcast of EPL 2013-14 season-to-date by +37% with Total Viewers and +43% with Adults 18-49:
- Univision Network delivered an average audience of 991,000 Total Viewers and 540,000 Adults 18-49.
- NBC delivered an average audience of 725,000 Total Viewers and 377,000 Adults 18-49.
UniMás’s broadcast of the Liga MX 2013 Apertura season outdelivered NBCSN’s broadcast of EPL 2013-14 season-to-date by +76% with Total Viewers and +78% with Adults 18-49:
- UniMás delivered an average audience of 658,000 Total Viewers and 372,000 Adults 18-49.
- NBCSN delivered an average audience of 374,000 Total Viewers and 209,000 Adults 18-49.
Liga MX’s most watched matches in the 2013 Apertura season on Univision Network, UniMás and Univision Deportes Network outdelivered the most watched EPL matches to date on NBC and NBCSN with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49:
- America vs. Leon final, which aired on Univision December 15, 2013, was the most-viewed LMX match on any network during the season, averaged 3.3 million Total Viewers and 1.8 million Adults 18-49.
- Toluca vs. America semifinal, which aired on December 5, 2013 and was the most-viewed match on UniMás last season, averaged 1.7 million Total Viewers and 1.1 million Adults 18-49.
- Santos vs. Leon semifinal, which aired on December 8, 2013, was the most-viewed telecast ever on Univision Deportes Network and the top Spanish-language cable sports telecast of 2013, averaged 1.1 Total Viewers and 642,000 Adults 18-49.
- NBC’s top EPL game of Liverpool vs. Arsenal, which aired on November 2, 2013, averaged 991,000 Total Viewers and 540,000 Adults 18-49.
- NBCSN’s top EPL game of Manchester United vs. Manchester City, which aired on September 22, 2013, averaged 852,000 Total Viewers and 565,000 Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD data, LMX (7/20-12/15/13), EPL (8/17-1/13/14)
CONTACT: Paola Hernandez, email@example.com, 646-560-4979