“Pequeños Gigantes” Grand Finale Makes Univision #1 Network on Monday Night
Network outperforms ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and Reaches 10.6 Million Total Viewers
MIAMI, FL – SEPTEMBER 6, 2011 – Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, announced today that last night’s three-hour grand finale of “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants), produced by Televisa, helped position Univision as the #1 broadcast network for the entire night across all key demographics including Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 12-34, Men 18-49, Men 18-34, Women 18-49, Women 18-34, Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
The reality competition’s finale reached 10.6 million viewers who tuned in to all or part of the three-hour broadcast. In addition, the “Pequeños Gigantes” finale delivered an average audience of 6.2 million Total Viewers 2+, including 3.3 million Adults 18-49 and 1.9 million Adults 18-34.
These impressive numbers make the grand finale of “Pequeños Gigantes” the highest-rated reality show finale of all-time on Spanish-language television among all Viewers 2+, Women 18-49 and Women 18-34. It also ranks as the second highest reality show finale of all time on Spanish-language television among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Persons 12-34, Kids 2-11 and Teens 12-17.
“The success of ‘Pequeños Gigantes’ solidifies Univision’s leadership in providing Hispanics with the entertainment they crave and will continue next Sunday when ‘¡Mira Quién Baila!’ premieres,” said Luis Fernandez, president, Entertainment and Univision Studios.
Across local markets, the “Pequeños Gigantes” finale was also the #1 broadcast program in primetime among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco.
“Pequeños Gigantes” featured 28 children and seven judges coming together to create a heartfelt and unique talent competition that sought to find the most-gifted child entertainers. Aspiring singers, actors, dancers and comedians took the stage to deliver their best, and in a memorable ending, the children’s team named “The Irresistibles” took the grand prize. The winning team consisting of Javier, Miguel Angel, George and Daryna won a check for $200,000 and the promise to record alongside singer Gloria Trevi, who awarded them the “Pequeños Gigantes” trophy.
Users can access a full recap of the three-part “Pequeños Gigantes” finale on Univision.com online or on their mobile devices. The dedicated website features exclusive interviews with the winners, video of winning performances, and extensive behind-the-scenes photos. Fans can continue to relive the season’s best moments and performance clips through the end of the month.
ADDITIONAL NATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
Univision’s broadcast of Monday night’s “Pequeños Gigantes” finale also delivered:
• 1.9 Million Women 18-49 (1,886,000)
• 1.4 Million Men 18-49 (1,422,000)
• 1.0 Million Women 18-34 (1,065,000)
• 787,000 Million Men 18-34
Source: The Nielsen Company, Monday (09/05/2011) 8-11 pm, Univision’s “Pequeños Gigantes, La Gran Final” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (visitors included). Live+SD.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL HIGHLIGHTS:
In local markets, the “Pequeños Gigantes” finale was the #1 broadcast program in primetime among:
• Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco
• Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco
• Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago and San Francisco
The finale was the #1 broadcast program in the 8:00 p.m.to 11:00 p.m. time period among:
• Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
• Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Persons 12-34 and Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco
The finale of “Pequeños Gigantes” on local Univision stations had higher viewership in the time period than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined in the following markets:
• Among Viewers 2+ in Miami
• Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles and Miami
• Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Dallas and Phoenix
• Among Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Houston
• Among Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston and Chicago
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (9/5/2011), “Pequeños Gigantes” aired 8-11 pm E/PT, 7-10 pm Central. Primetime is defined as ABC/CBS/NBC/IND/SLTV Sun 7-11:00 pm (6-10 pm CT) and FOX/CW Mon 7-10 pm (6-9 pm CT). Live+SD.